MTA/Perl script for relaying only to Exchange-users

Brian McKerr bmckerr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 01:40:37 GMT 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thing you have to consider with the
'milterahead' approach is that if the downstream exchange server is
unavailable for some reason, you will not be able to receive any mail and
emails will bounce with invalid user or some such error ?

I have a shell script sitting in front of my zimbra server, this script is
run from cron and currently it runs every hour primarily because I rarely
add new email addresses or domains. It uses ldapsearch against the zimbra
server and could easily be adopted to suit AD/Exchange. It generates
postfix map files for virtual_mailbox and virtual_domains.

Happy to share if anyone wants to help me debug it  ;)