FIXED: missing or disappearing MessageBatch.pm problem

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Sat Nov 10 19:22:45 GMT 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 01:15:34PM +0000, Jules Field wrote:
> I have just released a tiny update for MailScanner 4.84.5-3 which fixes
> the problem where clamd would quarantine MessageBatch.pm because it
> should it had a virus in it.
>
> It does indeed have a copy of EICAR in it (a 100% safe test string used
> for testing virus scanners), and I have now encoded it rather better so
> that clamd won't find it.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jules

Just tried to run this with exim and everything skewed up.

Using perl 5.16.2 .

Temporarily took MailScaner off as it was not passing passing mail to the out
queue.  No sign of processing.

MailScanner --debug hung.

All right do we need to update the perl modules?

What should be tested?

Member - Liberal International	This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Lest We Forget 11 NOv 2012