Incorrect logging

Marek Šimon marek.simon at casablanca.cz
Thu May 17 08:26:58 IST 2012

Hi
I am refering to envelope address. I send the message by pushing it via nc to the mail server, the message is like this:

echo 'ehlo clienthostname'

echo 'mail from:<marek.simon at casablanca.cz>'

echo 'rcpt to:<pletiplot at xyz.cz>'

echo 'data'

echo 'some spam and html fragments to test the antispam procesing'
echo '.'

echo quit
) | nc -t serverhostname 25

The clienthostname and serverhostname are placeholders of course.
There is "To: envelope address" and "From: the envelope address" and no regular headers as you see (no headers increase the spam score, which is what I wanted). The message is read by the MailScanner but in MailScanner records in mail.log there is empty space where the recipient should be and there is sender address where sender server hostname should be. I debuged the Message.pm and message->{to} is empty there. I am not a perl guru so I just try to print some values. The To: address is empty in localy generated messages too. I was very upset yesterday while debuging it.

Thanks.
Marek