mailscanner on postfix+debian with non-root

Neal Morgan Neal at Morgan-Systems.com
Wed May 16 17:40:21 IST 2012

>> But I get this error message  sometimes the batch starts procesing:
>> Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at
>> /usr/lib/perl/5.10/IO/File.pm line 63.

> Looks like you need to use the '-U' switch in the /usr/sbin/MailScanner

> Look at these list archive threads:
> [snip]

I was just experiencing this problem on Debian yesterday.  I found I had to install the latest MailScanner deb package to get around the error.  The -U didn't work for me - I assume because my MailScanner was too old.