Solution: Bypass mailscanner for authenticated smtp users.

Aaron Greengrass archive at greenbtn.com
Thu May 3 18:21:22 IST 2012

I spent a day or so thinking on this one, and have come up with a method
that works for me.  I always appreciate seeing solutions to problems I'm
having posted, so I am posting this one in turn.

One of the email requirements in my environment is that authenticated
users not be subject to spam checks. (i.e. I know all of the users, so
policy violation isn't an issue).

The postfix config i'm using puts everything into HOLD, which guarantees
mailscanner will check it. My solution follows:

in /etc/postfix/main.cf
*header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
*
in /etc/postfix/header_checks
/^Received:/ HOLD
*
There may be a more elegant way to do this, but this was the first
method I came up with, and it passes all of my initial testing.

Regards,

Aaron.