Rejected email redirect

Ryan Ivey iveymr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:19:37 IST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Sampson, Aaron <Sampson at p2sol.com> wrote:

>  Just to clairify****
>
> ** **
>
> We have been using the:****
>
> smtpd_helo_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks,
> reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,
> reject_invalid_helo_hostname,****
>
> reject_unknown_helo_hostname,  ß this is the only one we are thinking
> about changing
> permit
>
> ****
>
> but that has been my main concern is that turning this off opens the door
> to a lot of spam, which also means I will have to hear about it from the
> users.****

No need to turn it off.
Just add
     smtpd_helo_restrictions =
                   permit_mynetworks,
                   *check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_**whitelist
*,

Inside /etc/postfix/client_whitelist, put the IP Addresses (one on each
line) of the new acquisitions with OK beside each.  I'm assuming those
smaller companies have dedicated IP's they're coming from which could be
determined through the merger/acquisition discussions.

> but I am wondering if I comment out that option and allow the message to
> go through will MS be able to take that message and out it into quarantine
>
> If you really want to move them to quarantine, then create a spamassassin
rule based on the header finding those IP Addresses and add a score high
enough so it winds up as High Scoring Spam.  Seems redundant (and resource
intensive) to allow them only in to then block them again.