Error expanding TNEF attachments in new 4.84.5-2

Kevin Kobb kkobb at skylinecorp.com
Wed Mar 14 15:48:20 GMT 2012

On 3/14/2012 5:29 AM, Andrew Colin Kissa wrote:

> On 14 Mar 2012, at 11:21 AM, Adri Koppes wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> I guess I must have missed that patch.
>> I have applied it and will see if it solves the TNEF problem.
>
> Cool
>

>> Thanks,
>
> You are welcome.
>
> - Andrew
>
> --
> www.baruwa.org

I reinstalled MS on my test system, and applied Andrew's patch. This
seemed to have corrected the problem, so thank you very much Andrew.

One question though, in the patched TNEF.pm, and a couple of lines down
from Andrew's fix, there is this:

chmod 0700, "$dir/$unpackdir";

Without running clamd as root, this seems to make it very tough to scan
the tnef unpacked content (I get permission errors). If I change this to:

chmod 0770, "$dir/$unpackdir";

everything works OK.