Adding Multiple Signatures

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 15:59:19 IST 2012

On 22/06/12 16:00, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> the thing I'd suggest is to have a look at the overloading section in the wiki
>
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:rulesets:overloading
>
> No idea if it work in signatures but worth a look.

Hi Martin

Hhhhm, I tried adding a second rule to a line for a client and it made the signature disappear altogether!

e.g.

From:   itsupport at mydomain.co.uk   /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/itsupport.sig.txt   /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/inline.sig.txt

which removed the signature completely, so I guess MailScanner got confused..?

I have to say that this feature would be FANTASTIC if Julian et al could add it in. That way, you can have 50 staff with one overall footer signature (with all the usual address and don't blame me if it blows up your computer nonsense at the bottom) but each staff member gets there own "This is me and this is my job" sig before that as well.

e.g.

(/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/itsupport.sig.txt)

Paul Littlefield BA (Hons)
Technical Support

+

(/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/inline.sig.txt)

Address Lines
Contact Info

And all those lines that nobody ever reads in here.

Does that sound like something other MailScanner users might be interested in?

Regards

Paully.