mail stuck in postfix incoming directory

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jun 12 21:57:48 IST 2012

on 6/12/2012 11:51 AM Harondel J. Sibble spake the following:
> Interesting, problem solved, there was a file called "message" from 1535
> yesterday in the
>
> /var/spool/postfix/active
>
> directory, once I moved that out, all the mail started to flow.
>
> What should I be checking in the problem message file to determine the cause
> of the problem?

It sounds like something caused the message unpacking to misfire in where it
puts stuff...
Usually messages get unpacked in the incoming dir, but some code glitch broke
that... It could have been a super-rare  one time hit... but I would make a
note to look there first next time...