Russian KOI8-R from GMail users blocked

Joolee mailscanner at joolee.nl
Mon Jun 11 15:59:00 IST 2012

file -i correctly returns text/plain. The charset isn't correct but that's
no problem.

The entry in my mailscanner.conf was simply:

> # Where the "file" command is installed.
> # This is used for checking the content type of files, regardless of their
> # filename.
> # To disable Filetype checking, set this value to blank.
> File Command = /usr/bin/file

I changed this to /usr/bin/file -i to try if it works.

Can Mailscanner use this output with default rulesets?

> allow   text        -           -
> allow   \bscript    -           -
> allow   archive     -           -
> allow   postscript  -           -
> deny    self-extract    No self-extracting archives No self-extracting
> archives allowed
> deny    executable  No executables      No programs allowed 1
> #EXAMPLE: deny  -   x-dosexec   No DOS executables  No DOS programs allowed
> #deny   ELF     No executables      No programs allowed
> deny    Registry    No Windows Registry entries No Windows Registry files
> allowed
>
> #deny   MPEG        No MPEG movies      No MPEG movies allowed
> #deny   AVI     No AVI movies       No AVI movies allowed
> #deny   MNG     No MNG/PNG movies   No MNG movies allowed
> #deny   QuickTime   No QuickTime movies No QuickTime movies allowed
> #deny   ASF     No Windows media    No Windows media files allowed
> #deny   metafont    No Windows Metafont drawings    No WMF drawings allowed

I can't find a translation table anywhere so I think Mailscanner compares
these entry's directly with 'file' command's output.