How to allow double extension file?

J Gao jgao at veecall.com
Mon Jul 16 17:32:53 IST 2012

Hello,

We have a client send us email with zipped attachment. It contain files
like:
file1.shp.xml
file2.kmz.kml

I added two lines on the bottom of the filename.rules.conf:
allow   \.shp\.xml$                     -       -
allow   \.kmz\.kml$                     -       -

But the MailScanner still detect them as "Bad Filename" and drop them
into quarantine:

  MessageID: 5482680A2.A554E
Quarantine: /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20120713/5482680A2.A554E
     Report: MailScanner: Attempt to hide real filename extension (aral.shp.xml)

How can I let MailScanner know these are safe file name and let them
pass through?

Thanks

Gao