Quarantined message 13A82BF8DD.AF8F7 as it caused MailScanner to crash several times

terry at graybell.net terry at graybell.net
Mon Jan 30 12:49:44 GMT 2012

Supan,

Where exactly did you add that?  I am having the same issue and I cannot
seem to find the issue.  I just restart MailScanner and it processes the
messages but this requires me to do so every day.  I am getting an error
message (below) in the logs and I cannot seem to find the issue. I am
using:  Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS, MailScanner 4.84.3, and Postfix 2.7.0.

Warning: skipping message 4995D1A02A6.ABF56 as it has been attempted too
many times
Quarantined message 4995D1A02A6.ABF56 as it caused MailScanner to crash
several times

wrote:
> What is this recent Ubuntu 10.04 mailscanner update you speak of? I've
> been unable to find it and the Ubuntu changelog doesn't seem to mention
it.

> Seeing my unresolved problems with MailScanner on 10.04 half a year ago,

> I'd be interested in trying this.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> - Martijn
>
> On 2-1-2012 17:18, Supun Rathnayake wrote:
>> This happened to me as well with the recent Ubuntu 10.04 mailscanner
>> updates, but removing of the corrupt ( so called ) email did not solve
>> the problem
>> and finally adding -U flag to the main MailScanner file interpreter as
>> follows did solve the problem.
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/share/MailScanner/ -U
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Supun.

>>> 1. Shut down MailScanner
>>> 2. Remove the problem message from the incoming hold directory
>>> 3. Remove the processing db
>>> 4. Restart Mailscanner
>>>
>>> Steve
>>> ---