System Crash -Returned 2 signal 0

Jeremy McSpadden jeremy at fluxlabs.net
Fri Jan 6 20:58:47 GMT 2012

Edit your MailScanner binary and add –U to the first line of that file as a switch.
--
Jeremy McSpadden
Flux Labs, Inc

From: John O'Neill <john.oneill.ie at gmail.com<mailto:john.oneill.ie at gmail.com>>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:49:50 +0000
To: <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info<mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>>
Subject: System Crash -Returned 2 signal 0

Hi All,

We are doing our first install of MailScanner at the moment and are getting errors from the system as soon as mail hits it. Running the system in test with bare bones (ie no clamd and no spamassassin) its fine but obviously this isnt much use to us. Installing clamd the system will run fine as well however once we installed the spamassassin module and mail hits the system we have lots and lot of lines of

"MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 2 with signal 0"

Enabling debug in the MailScanner.conf file and running debug we get a crash with the following error message

"Insecure dependency in mkdir while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Quarantine.pm line 189"

I came across something similar on the list previously which suggested a possible fix of

Add -U -X to your # line of MailScanner file

but unfortunately I am not sure what the original poster meant.

System details from MailScanner -v are

This is CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.010001 (5.10.1)
This is MailScanner version 4.84.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
John

<mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>-- MailScanner mailing list mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info<mailto:mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info> http://lists.mailscanner.info/mailman/listinfo/mailscanner Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!