clamd permission denied

terry at graybell.net terry at graybell.net
Mon Feb 13 00:05:16 GMT 2012

If you have AppArmor installed you need to make a change to the AppArmor
configuration:

Edit the AppArmor profile

/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd

Add these 2 lines:

  /var/spool/MailScanner/** rw,
  /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/** rw,

Then, reload AppArmor

/etc/init.d/apparmor reload

Check your log files for the return of the error.  This error is widely
known and has been documented well.  If you still have issues then please
reply.

Terry

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:42:47 +1100, Jeff Mills
<Jeff.Mills at sydneytech.com.au> wrote:
> I have two servers and one of them has started having issues with
> permissions in the incoming dir.
>
> MailScanner[16804]: Clamd::ERROR:: UNKNOWN CLAMD RETURN ./
> 74E6C1C2E344.A404C.header/Access denied. ERROR ::
> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/16804
>
> When I check that directory, I can see that MailScanner has given no
> access to the group on the header file, so obviously clamav can’t read
it.
> drwxr-x--- 2 postfix clamav     80 Feb 13 08:33 74E6C1C2E344.A404C
> -rw------- 1 postfix clamav   1326 Feb 13 08:33
74E6C1C2E344.A404C.header
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 postfix clamav  13678 Feb 13 08:33
74E6C1C2E344.A404C.message

Jeff.Mills at sydneytech.com.au<mailto:Jeff.Mills at sydneytech.com.au>

<http://www.linkedin.com/company/sydney-technology-solutions?trk=fc_badge>