Scanning outbound mail?

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Fri Feb 10 08:05:30 GMT 2012

Le 09/02/2012 17:44, Richard Lynch a écrit :
> So, I'm trying to get a feel for what other sites do.  Do you use
> MailScanner for outbound mail?  If so how do you handle messages that
> are rejected?  Do you bounce it or just ignore it or what?

I have things set up with rulesets, to bounce spam and to notify sender
of virus/filename/filetype violations for outbound only.

On my small site this has never posed any problems, though for larger
sites you'd have to think about the volume implications if an internal
sender managed to get infected with a spambot.

John.

--
-- Over 5000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr