Github?

J.C. Woltz jwoltz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:35:35 GMT 2012

Git is like a better svn. Github adds a few features that should help with development and patches from the community. Git in general allows people to make forks, patches, then a pull request to ask patch be merged into the mailscanner repo.

I think this will help relieve some administrative pressure from Julian. Since he posted everything including the setup he uses to create packages/installers.

Before people had to submit patches. Julian had to figure out a way to integrate them. Github and git specifically allows the pull requests to ease some of this.

For thos unfamiliar with git in general, github has some nice tutorials.

I usderstand there are other git websites similar to github. The other sites even open source their whole site. Please do not turn this into a flame on github

Lastly, I apologize for top posting. The blackberry will not let me edit the email I'm replying to.

Thank you,
J.C. Woltz
Sent from mobile device.