SBS 2003/Exchange and a Linux Spam Gateway

Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman ) sergios at greeklug.gr
Tue Aug 21 22:58:37 IST 2012

Hi Rudi

Στις 21/08/2012 09:47 μμ, ο/η Stephen Cox έγραψε:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Rudi Hartmann - Pacific Micro-Tel
> <rhartmann at pacificmicrotel.com <mailto:rhartmann at pacificmicrotel.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I changed the version to 4.79.11-2.2_all.deb and that installed.
>     But when I tried to do this:
>
>     dpkg -i mailscanner_4.79.11-2.2_all.deb
>
>     This is what happened:
>
>     XXXmachineXXX XXXuserXXX # dpkg -i mailscanner_4.79.11-2.2_all.deb
>
>     (Reading database ... 153292 files and directories currently
>     installed.)
>
>     Preparing to replace mailscanner 4.79.11-2.2 (using
>     mailscanner_4.79.11-2.2_all.deb) ...
>
>     No MailScanner found running; none killed.
>
>     Unpacking replacement mailscanner ...
>
>     dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mailscanner:
>
>     mailscanner depends on exim4 | mail-transport-agent; however:
>
>       Package exim4 is not installed.
>
>       Package mail-transport-agent is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on spamassassin (>= 3.1); however:
>
>       Package spamassassin is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libarchive-zip-perl; however:
>
>       Package libarchive-zip-perl is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libsys-hostname-long-perl; however:
>
>       Package libsys-hostname-long-perl is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libole-storage-lite-perl (>= 0.17); however:
>
>       Package libole-storage-lite-perl is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libnet-dns-perl (>= 0.65); however:
>
>       Package libnet-dns-perl is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libdigest-sha1-perl; however:
>
>       Package libdigest-sha1-perl is not installed.
>
>     mailscanner depends on libnet-ip-perl; however:
>
>       Package libnet-ip-perl is not installed.
>
>     dpkg: error processing mailscanner (--install):
>
>     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
>
>     Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
>
>     Processing triggers for man-db ...
>
>     Errors were encountered while processing:
>
>     Mailscanner
>

> Rudy,
>
> Try http://www.baruwa.org/docs/install_debian.html
>
> Regards,
> Stephen
For testing you can try the  Proxmox Mail Gateway Appliance  here
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page is ready for install.

Regards,

Sergios

>     Rudy Hartmann
>
>     Pacific Micro-Tel
>
>     (951)587-8324 ext 213
>
>     (714)264-9609 Mobile
>
>     *From:*mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
>     <mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info>

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt . , .pptx
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.libreoffice.org/
Save you money   &  use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win!!!