OT Sendmail and Motorola smartphones

Alex Neuman alex at vidadigital.com.pa
Mon Apr 16 20:26:28 IST 2012

If you can configure any other account that uses port 587, such as
GMail, correctly, it means it's not the flaky client.

I'd read the imported .cf/.mc file, check what's changed from the
defaults, document it and then implement it on the new .cf/.mc just in
case.

I've had problems in the past when I've trusted old .cf/.mc files
which didn't really work because of quirky incompatibilities from one
release to the next.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com> wrote:

> On 4/16/2012 2:37 PM, Ken A wrote:
>>

>> On 4/16/2012 11:20 AM, Steve Campbell wrote:
>>>
>>> Completely off topic - just curious if anyone has had problems similar.
>>>
>>> I've upgraded email servers from an old Centos 3 to a new Centos 6
>>> sendmail server. Just recently our company renewed it's contract and all
>>> smartphones were upgraded to the Motorola Milestone X2. These are used
>>> by our sales staff when they're out in the field and are allowed to
>>> relay through our servers using smtp auth.
>>>
>>> I have port 587 set up with smtp auth. I'm fairly certain that this was
>>> working shortly after the upgrade, but now smtp to this port does not
>>> work. It doesn't seem to matter what settings I put in the phone, my
>>> maillog returns:
>>>
>>> sendmail[2765]: q3GG1Gng002765: 70-32-205-105.unassigned.ntelos.net
>>> [70.32.205.105] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to