Phishing

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Apr 12 15:37:50 IST 2012

on 4/11/2012 11:26 PM Pramod Daya spake the following:
> I'm having problems with phishing scams getting through - have installed ScamNailer 2.10, with the cron job running successfully, hourly, and also downloading the scamnailer.ndb file from www.mailscanner.eu (Should I be doing that as well as running the cron job ?)
>
> Most are trapped, but enough get through daily that I'm sure it can be improved.  Can one expect 100% of phishing to be stopped, or is that an unreasonable expectation ?
I think 100% trapping of anything is a bit unreasonable... Too loose and stuff
gets through... But too tight, and legitimate mail gets eaten.... Now which
one will your boss be more angry with? Mine would rather see a few spams than
loose an important message...