mktemp

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 15:25:53 IST 2012

Hi,

I'm just looking at the new mailscanner in the ports for freebsd.

It looks fine but when I run a mailscanner -lint I get this -

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 63 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamd"
usage: mktemp [-d] [-q] [-t prefix] [-u] template ...
       mktemp [-d] [-q] [-u] -t prefix
/usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/bitdefender-wrapper: Cannot create temporary file
usage: mktemp [-d] [-q] [-t prefix] [-u] template ...
       mktemp [-d] [-q] [-u] -t prefix
/usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper: Cannot make name for temporary dir
Found these virus scanners installed: clamd

In the wrapper file I see this -

######  IF YOU ARE RUNNING MAILSCANNER AS ROOT ######
# You need to set the following in MailScanner.conf so that external
# unpackers can be used...
#   Incoming Work Group = clamav
#   Incoming Work Permissions = 0640

# You may want to check this script for bash-isms

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

#TempDir="/tmp/clamav.$$"
TempDir=$(mktemp) || { echo "$0: Cannot make name for temporary dir" >&2; exit 1; }
ClamUser="clamav"
ClamGroup="clamav"

ScanOptions=""
ExtraScanOptions=""

I see lots of changes to these 2 files, from my previous version.

I'm using the MailScanner-4.84.5_2 version. FreeBSD 8.2.

I do use tmpfs and I have set the Incoming Work Group && Incoming Work Permissions accordingly - and rebooted.

I didn't choose bitdefender from the make config and have never used bitdefender. I don't think I want to use an external unpacker, as far as I can tell things are working perfectly.

I just thought I would report this.

Many thanks,

Rich