MailScanner failing on CentOS 6.

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Tue Apr 10 16:44:56 IST 2012

On 04/10/2012 04:49 PM, Rabie Van der Merwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to diagnose why MailScanner is dying after upgrading from
> CentOS/RHEL5 to 6.
> I am using Postfix, ClamD and MailWatch, so far I seem to have it down
> to something to
> do with the file permissions and setting the working group to clamav, if
> I disable scanning
> ie, no AV or Spam checking it passes email.
>
> Even if I change the output in MailScanner.conf to debug I dont get
> much, any thoughts where to from here?

my working Pfix/Mailwatch settings are:

# User to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
# If you want to change the ownership or permissions of the quarantine or
# temporary files created by MailScanner, please see the "Incoming Work"
# settings later in this file.
#Run As User = mail
#Run As User = postfix
Run As User = postfix

# Group to run as (not normally used for sendmail)

Run As Group = postfix

Clamd conf:
Allow supplementary is set to Yes

for Mailwatch/MS:

chown -R postfix:postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
chown -R postfix:apache /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine

h2h