MailScanner to crash several times

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 07:44:04 IST 2011

So what does a classic debug run give you? Do
service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner startin
Submit/check that at least one message is in the incoming queue, then do
MailScanner --debug
... And pay close attention to ant errors.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Dave Helton
> Sent: 20. september 2011 15:02
> To: MailScanner discussion
> Subject: RE: MailScanner to crash several times
>
> Jan,
> Not enough to diagnose... you might try the following:
>
> Is your spool dir full? (or corrupt, or fs errors)
>
> Did you try spamassassin --lint
>
> Are you having this on all mails?
>
> Did this start just after an SA update?
>
> --dave

Agermose
> Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:46 AM
> To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
> Subject: MailScanner to crash several times
>
> hi
> one of our mailscanners has started behaving very strange. its processing
no emails anymore with succes only saying for each mail in the queue

> Sep 20 14:38:15 mx3 MailScanner[2282]: Warning: skipping message
> p8JHBZlF011310 as it has been attempted too many times Sep 20 14:38:15
> mx3 MailScanner[2282]: Quarantined message p8JHBZlF011310 as it caused
MailScanner to crash several times Sep 20 14:38:15 mx3
> MailScanner[2282]: Saved entire message to
> /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20110920/p8JHBZlF011310
>
> what might be the problem - what to look for?
>
> MailScanner --lint reports no problems

MailScanner at KD0YU.COM, and is believed to be clean.