Spam Attacks

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 09:30:28 IST 2011

I second fail2ban...

With a bit of tweaking of the config script can get it to log (rate limited to prevent flooding) all of the dropped connections so you've a log of what goes on...

I only ban for 20 mins at the moment, but it seems amply long enough for them to get the hint and go away.

The script for log-rotation needs tweaking though to prevent it hanging at that point.

Jason