Mail-ClamAV-0.29 doesn't build

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 20:44:50 GMT 2011

Actually... The speed advantage for actual scans was relatively minor, but
the decrease in memory footprint (and restart time) was huge. Loading the
once for the clamd server simply was far superior to Mail::ClamAV (load
once/child at every restart) and clamav/clamscan (load once/batch)... And
lacked the semiproblematic upgrades of Mail::ClamAV.
Hence clamd is effectively the only recomended ClamAV implementation for
MailScanner these days.

Cheers!