possible bug in 4.84.3-1 located in clamav-wrapper - Found word(s) list error in the Text body

Alexandru Ionica alexandru.ionica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:24:23 GMT 2011

Still i have the feeling we are talking about different things.

Clamav , postfix and Mailscanner all run as postfix user.

Now which part am i not making clear when i say that according to initial
log entry , clamav was trying to create a folder in a file instead of
creating a folder in a folder ???  Or at least this is what i understand
and you are not pointing that i'm understanding it wrong but you keep
saying that it's a permission problem. I still don't understand how running
clamav as a different user will make it try to create a folder in a file .
I will also draw it below, just in case it's still not clear what i am
reporting here (let's hope the formatting isn't lost)
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp/tmp.vWQ4hixN67/clamav-497c230ffa4f39a4779ea7618dd8efa4
^       ^          ^                 ^
^                                      ^                   ^
|     folder       |              folder
|                                 file !!!!!!               |
folder         folder
folder                                                    attempt to create
this folder

So i am running Postfix, MailScanner and Clamscan as user and group postfix.

# grep -i postfix MailScanner.conf | grep -v ^#
Run As User = postfix
Run As Group = postfix
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
MTA = postfix
Incoming Work User = postfix
Incoming Work Group = postfix
#