debug "Message attempted to kill MailScanner"

Nerijus Baliunas nerijusb at dtiltas.lt
Fri May 27 14:55:35 IST 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 13:58:51 +0300 Nerijus Baliunas <nerijusb at dtiltas.lt> wrote:

> I have a message (now quarantined) which causes "Message attempted to kill MailScanner".
> How do I debug this? As I understand, I should run MailScanner --debug and submit this
> message? How do I submit it? I use postfix and message is quarantined as 'message'
> file.

It was the same problem:
Insecure dependency in chmod while running with -T switch at /usr/share/perl5/Archive/Zip/Member.pm line 490.

Adding -U to the first line of /usr/sbin/MailScanner helped.
Strange, as it is Scientific Linux 6.0 (RHEL6 clone), not Fedora.

Regards,
Nerijus

P.S. Still, does anyone know an easy way to inject 'bad' message from quarantine?
I did it by sending the message again and immediately stopping MailScanner service,
then running MailScanner --debug.