OT: auto responder (OOO) question

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu May 12 21:09:20 IST 2011

On 5/12/2011 3:28 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 5/12/2011 11:20 AM Steve Campbell spake the following:
>> As much as I hate to set one of these up, a fellow employee has persuaded me
>> to set up an out-of-office deal for her. I'm running Centos 3 and sendmail.
>> I've played around with a .procmailrc file, but it doesn't seem to do
>> anything. I've also created the symlink in /etc/smrsh to procmail with no avail.
>>
>> Does anyone know if I have to restart sendmail after creating the link?
>> Does Mailscanner have any bearing on using procmail?
>>
>> Any suggestions, please?
>>
>> steve campbell
>>
> This actually looked good... Won't respond to spam...
>
> http://devhen.wordpress.com/2008/01/08/how-to-setup-a-vacation-autoresponder-with-procmail-sendmail/

Thanks Scott,

That's actually the one I'm using right now. It creates the log and logs
to it, but never sends out the reply. I guess it's working, but can't
seem to find out why it's not sending out the response since nothing is
getting logged elsewhere.

I've deleted the log and started over just in case it tests that, still
no luck.

steve