MS using kaspersky could not catch eichar.com

kunal verma kunal.gurukul at gmail.com
Thu May 12 11:15:46 IST 2011

he output of MailScanner --lint is:

Trying to setlogsock(unix)

Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
Reading configuration file /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/README
Read 867 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Read 5849 hostnames from the phishing blacklists

Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.82.6) is correct.

Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = kaspersky"
Found these virus scanners installed: kaspersky-4.5, kaspersky
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
/opt/kaspersky//kav4fs/bin/kav4fs-kavscanner: invalid option -- I
cat: /tmp/kavoutput.tmp.3816: No such file or directory
Attachment size check: 68 > 0 (eicar.com) in 1
Content Checks: Found 1 problems

If any of your virus scanners (kaspersky-4.5,kaspersky)
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its virus.scanners.conf.

what could possibly be the error.

Kunal