MS using kaspersky could not catch eichar.com

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:12:58 IST 2011

On 11 May 2011 12:30, kunal verma <kunal.gurukul at gmail.com> wrote:
> MS using kaspersky  could not catch eichar.com.
> My Mailscanner configuration file read :
> Virus Scanners = kaspersky
> and virus.scanners.conf file has the entry as:
> kaspersky-4.5   /usr/lib/MailScanner/kaspersky-wrapper
>  /opt/kaspersky/kav4fs
>
> anyone can tell me what could be the problem or how to trace it.
> Kunal

Do a debug run:
Stop MailScanner then run
MailScanner --debug
and submitt a message
... The --debug flag will make it run one batch through to completion,
without going to the background and printing a load of debug info on
the screen ( if you do "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa" it'll do the
same including a very large amount of spamassassin outpit as well).

That should give you a clue as to what is wrong. Perhaps just setting
"Virus Scanners = kaspersky-4.5" would be enough?!

Cheers
--
-- Glenn