Releasing emails from quarantine with sendmail

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:12:20 IST 2011

Well, today i've learned something.

From: http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/op-sh-1.html

*For initial mail submission, i.e., if one of the options -bm (default), -bs,
or -t is specified, submit.cf is used (if available), for other operations
sendmail.cf is used.*

So, all the sendmail behaviour was configured in submit.cf not sendmail.cf.
I moved submit.cf and created a link between sendmail.cf and submit.cf. So
submission will behave the same as the daemon, using the ../mqueue and
trying to deliver the email first (to the final MTA), and if it fails it
will store it in the regular queue.

My first tests went ok, however i will give this further testing to try to
find any nasty side efect of this.

Eduardo.