Problem w/ DNS since updating

Michael Masse mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 16 17:23:15 GMT 2011

I have multiple MailScanner's running on fully patched Centos 4 systems.   I recently upgraded MailScanner on all of my systems to 4.82.6-1 from 4.78.17-1.     Each system runs it's own cached-nameserver and has been like this for many many years.   Since the update I've been having very strange problems with DNS.      Just about every day or so now I have to restart named on each system because it will stop resolving properly.    A manual restart of the named service gets things working again, but I've never had to do this before and it's happening on all MailScanner systems.     Just curious if anyone else has experienced something like this in the past?

-Mike