Is the Anti-Virus installed or not?

Vernon Webb vernon at comp-wiz.com
Wed Jun 29 23:25:56 IST 2011

Below is a message I am getting when doing a lint test on a new
MailScanner install on a CentOS box with the latest MailScanner build
and the ClamAV download from the MailSacnner.info website. I'm confused
as I have Free AVG and Clam installed however it gives conflicting info
in the output below. First it says there are no virus scanners installed
and this is bad, then it says there was a virus found. So is it using
calm and AVG or no? Thanks

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
I have found  scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
You appear to have no virus scanners installed at all! This is not good.
If you have installed any, then check your virus.scanners.conf file to
make sure the locations of your scanners are correct at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 518
Connected to Processing Attempts Database
Created Processing Attempts Database successfully
There are 0 messages in the Processing Attempts Database
Using locktype = posix
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = auto"
Found these virus scanners installed:
===
Filename Checks: Windows/DOS Executable (1 eicar.com)
Other Checks: Found 1 problems
Virus and Content Scanning: Starting
===

If any of your virus scanners ()
are not listed there, you should check that they are installed correctly
and that MailScanner is finding them correctly via its
virus.scanners.conf.