Lock.PM insecure with -T switch

Viktor Matys - Grumpa.Net v.matys at grumpa.net
Tue Jun 21 13:59:19 IST 2011

Hi everybody,

today I upgraded Perl in Debian Squeeze and after restarting the
MailScanner tries to start again and again (repeating messages in
syslog) and does not read messages form incoming dir (postfix/hold).

When I run MailScanner -debug (or -debug-sa), it ends with this message:

Insecure dependency in open while running with -T switch at
/usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/Lock.pm line 358.

There is another interesting message in the syslog:

MailScanner: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 9 with signal 0

I'm unable to filter e-mails now.

I have similar configuration on second server and there is everything O.K.

Any idea? Thanks

Viktor