BitDefender error

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Thu Jun 16 14:41:43 IST 2011

All,

We're provisioning a new mail server and are, of course, going to
use MailScanner.  Along with the latest version of MS, we've also
installed the latest Sendmail, SA, ClamAV, and Sophos,
BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.1-3, and Mailwatch 1.4, on a
CentOS 5.6 box.  Thus far, everything has gone well and, under
test conditions, almost everything works just fine.  I do get
this error, though, when running "MailScanner --lint":

/usr/lib/MailScanner/bitdefender-wrapper: line 63: 13099
Segmentation fault      ${PackageDir}/$prog --log=$LogFile
$extras "$@" > /dev/null 2>&1

This error did not occur on the initial installation of
BitDefender, but began after the first update of the signature
files.  (We're using BitDefender on our production system, set up
almost exactly the same as described above, without problem).

I realize that we could let BitDefender go, but another layer of
defense can't be bad, so we're trying to hang on to it.  Has
anybody run into this problem and/or can offer a solution?

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.