Ruleset question

Alex Neuman alex at vidadigital.com.pa
Mon Jul 25 20:38:59 IST 2011

Thanks for the heads up. It *was* a typo, thanks for spotting that.

In any case, I'll try adding him to whitelist.rules with a "no" - although
he isn't whitelisted, and there's no mention of being whitelisted in the
logs, even though pretty much anything that can be logged is being logged.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Kevin Miller
<Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us>wrote:

> Alex Neuman wrote:
> > I've tried unsuccessfully to prevent a specific user from sending
> > e-mail to Hotmail accounts by adding:
> >
> > From:alex at domain.tld and To:*@hotmail.com yes
> >
> > ... to /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist rules and added:
> >
> > Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules Definite Spam
> > Is High Scoring = yes High Scoring Spam Actions = delete Spam Checks
> > = yes
> >
> > ... to /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf, but e-mail continues to be
> > checked for Spam normally and sent out as it isn't spammy enough.
> >
> > Any ideas? Any suggestions on how to accomplish the same goal using
> > different settings?
>
> Um, fire him? ;-)
>
> Is he whitelisted in some fashion?  IIRC, whitelisting has preference over
> blacklisting.  If so, maybe a simliar line in the spam.whitelist.rules, only
> with a 'no' action in it would do the trick.
>
> In your note above, you refer to "spam.blacklist rules" - there should be a
> period between blacklist and rules.  I expect there is and it's just a typo,
> since you've been on this list for a good long time and I'm sure know that
> rulesets must end in ".rules" but thought I'd mention it just in case...
>
> ...Kevin
> --
> Kevin Miller                Registered Linux User No: 307357
> CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Admin., Mail Admin.
> 155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
> Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500--

Alex Neuman van der Hans
Reliant Technologies / Vida Digital
http://vidadigital.com.pa/

+507-6781-9505