Antiword errors causing Attachment too small

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jul 13 02:44:53 IST 2011

On 11:59 AM, Alessandro Bianchi wrote:

> I was using the ".doc text in the mail" feature and it beugn showing
> many "attachment too small" errors.
>
> The funny thing is that even if the message has more attachments,
> whenever antiword fails detecting even only one of them all the
> attachments are removed from the message and the messages itself is
> marked with the "too small" error

What MailScanner version are you running?

I am running MailScanner 4.84-1 and antiword 0.37, and what I see is the
following:

If I run antiword manually on certain files MS-Word (.doc), antiword reports

"I'm afraid the text stream of this file is too small to handle." and
returns an exit status of 1.

Is this the message you see?

What happens if you run antiword manually on one of your problem files?

If I attach one of those files to a message passed through MailScanner,
MailScanner just skips the conversion of the file to text, and the
message is delivered as sent with the original attachment intact.