Fedora 12 MailScanner 477.10 RBL checks Not working

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:11:45 GMT 2011

Hi

What do the logs say about those emails?

Also worth checking the whitelist isn't letting the emails through.

If you have a look on the wiki theres some settings you can turn on so
can can put alot more spam info into the headers after you've procesed
the email which can help track down the issue

I guess that's not the whole .conf file but just some relevant sections??

Martin

On Monday, 31 January 2011, Adam Laye <postal.janitor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fedora 12
> MailScanner 4.77.10
> SpamAssassin 3.2.5
> Postfix 2.6.2
>
> I have scoured Google and Mailing list archives but cannot pin point the issue. I believe  MailScanner Should be checking RBLs but can find not refference to them in my Log files. Additionally Server clearly listed are able to send to my servers.
>

> MailScanner config
>
> %etc-dir% = /etc/MailScanner
> %report-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/reports/en
> %rules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules
> Spam List Definitions =%etc-dir%/spam.lists.conf  ( I have also tried using the direct path)
> Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf
> Spam Checks = yes
> Spam List = SORBS-DNSBL SORBS-HTTP SORBS-SOCKS SORBS-MISC SORBS-SMTP SORBS-WEB SORBS-SPAM SORBS-BLOCK SORBS-ZOMBIE SORBS-DUL SORBS-RHSBL
>
> Spam Domain List = SORBS-BADCONF SORBS-NOMAIL
> Spam Lists To Be Spam = 1
> Spam Lists To Reach High Score = 3
> Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules
> Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules
> Read IP Address From Received Header = 2
>
> MailScanner rocks! Thank you for any assitance you can offer, Please let me know if additional info should be posted.
>
> Adam

Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK