Source IP Address Ruleset / Allowing Mail From Specific Source Only

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Feb 23 15:14:19 GMT 2011

Le 23/02/2011 15:43, Cameron B. Prince a écrit :
> I'm certainly open to other suggestions, but this seems like an elegant
> solution and a nice feature for MailScanner.
>
> There have been suggestions of using IP tables but since our mail servers
> receive mail for many different domains, we can't simply block everything
> except the filtering company.

You ought to be able to achieve this in your MTA. In postfix I think you
can do what you want simply with an appropriate
smtpd_client_restrictions check_client_access lookup; if not it could
definitely be achieved by abusing the restriction classes feature

John.

--
-- Over 4000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr