Blocking Fake Banking Emails

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:49:14 GMT 2011

Ensure the RBL and URIRBL lookupss are working in SpamAssassin

Also make sure you've not got the phishing checks in mailScanner turned off
or overly whitelisted.

when you say latest I presume you mean SA at 3.3.1,

Also you can see what rules are hit in SA etc buy enabling the following
settings in MailScanner.conf, so you see if there's anything causing SA to
miss the emails (like whitelisting overly done)

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

Detailed Spam Report = yes

Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Spam Score Number Format = %5.2f

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK