OT: Centos 6 question

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Dec 22 19:12:58 GMT 2011

I'm installing 6.2 now. One thing I noticed is that I did not see the
little "network configuration" box on the install the first time. Once I
get this installed, I check iptables.

I'm using the "workstation" type install this time. Looking for
something that gives me the least post-install headaches. Once this is
all done, and I've got the grouplists installed, I'll see where I'm at.

The types of installation isn't very informative, for instance, does the
"workstation" install any server type apps, etc. This really belongs on
the Centos list up to this point, but since the basic server will end up
with MySQL, a mail server, HTTPD, PHP, and Perl, I was originally asking
which "type" of installation would get me closest to that configuration.

Thanks all,

steve