Using a Rule with 'use tnef contents'

Michael H. Martel martelm at quark.vsc.edu
Wed Apr 20 19:55:39 IST 2011

--On April 20, 2011 7:48:18 PM +0100 Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Which tnef program are u using, if internal use an external one and
> vice versa, always fun trying to this tnef stuff going

Too true!  What I have NOT done yet is put it in debug and tried to send a
single message through it.

So the TNEF Settings are ... (comments removed to save trees ... )

Expand TNEF = yes
Use TNEF Contents = /opt/VSC-MailScanner/rules/expand-tnef.rules
Deliver Unparsable TNEF = yes

#TNEF Expander  = internal
TNEF Expander = /usr/bin/tnef --maxsize=100000000

TNEF Timeout = 120

The TNEF command was installed from the RPM package.

[root at guardian MailScanner]# rpm -qa | grep tnef
tnef-1.4.5-1

[root at guardian MailScanner]# /usr/bin/tnef --version
tnef 1.4.5
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 by Mark Simpson
Copyright (C) 1997 by Thomas Boll (original code)
tnef comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of tnef under the terms of the GNU General
Public License.  For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING.

Michael