Rules problems with MS

Alessandro Bianchi alex at skynet-srl.com
Sun Apr 17 19:05:22 IST 2011

Hi everyone

I've been using MS for some time and I thought that rules precedence was
a clear fact to me.

I've just discovered this is not true.

I'm using a scanDomain.rules files in the following form:

From:    noscan at mydomain    no
From:    foo at foodomain   and To: *@foodomain  no
To:        *@foodomain    yes
Default:     no

It has always worked like a charm, email from noscan at mydomain are not
processed by MailScanner, but suddenly rule 2 stopped working.

It says "unable to analyze message"

They are sending from address foo at foodomain to addresses in  *@foodomain
so it seems that the rule "To:        *@foodomain    yes" takes over.

I tried placing the exception before or after the scan domain rule but
it seems to have no effect at all.

This client is using some sort of automatic processing that sends an
empty email (no body) with a funny capitalized subject like
"#FOCUS2106##ASKFILE# A_C_1407.sdr"  and it seems there is no way to
unlock this emails that the customer badly needs.

I need to bypass MailScanner completely when user foo at foodomain sends
email to  *@foodomain .

I know thisi is no good for security, but the customer's asks this!

I also tried to set up a header_check rule in postfix to unqueue the
email with no luck.

I looked in the archives with no luck, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing
the simple...

In addiction in the last month I am seeing many "Attachment too small"
errors in the logs but they are not related to the above (they are two
totally  different problems).

Any idea?

Thank you in advance

Alessandro Bianchi
--

SkyNet SRL

Via Maggiate 67 - 28021 Borgomanero (NO) - tel. +39 0322-836487/834765 -
fax +39 0322-836608

http://www.skynet-srl.com <http://www.skynet-srl.com/>

Autorizzazione Ministeriale n.197

Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate e
confidenziali ed e` vietata la diffusione in qualunque modo eseguita.
Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente messaggio e`
destinato, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo ed a distruggerlo non
divulgandolo, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione.
Per qualsiasi informazione si prega di contattare info at skynet-srl.com
(e-mail dell'azienda). Rif. D.L. 196/2003