mailscanner-disarmed

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Sat Apr 16 12:17:42 IST 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 5:50 AM, Ejaz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can we stop the “disarmed” tag in the subject line from the MailScanner? One more thing if stop this will allow spam messages ??
>
> Thanks in advance for the kind co-operation.
>

> Regards,
> __________________
> Mohammed Ejaz
> Sr,Systems Administrator

> believed to be clean. --

This one can be a little convoluted :)

If "Dangerous Content Scanning" is set to yes or a ruleset, additional checks can be configired  for several type of “Dangerous Content” including:

Allow IFrame Tags =
Allow Form Tags =
Allow Script Tags =
Allow WebBugs =

These configuration items may be set to various Values including:

Value:  yes     => Allow these tags to be in the message
        no      => Ban messages containing these tags
        disarm  => Allow these tags, but stop these tags from working <<<<<<<

If the Value “disarmed” is set for any Dangerous Content Checks

 - and MailScanner detects that condition in a message
 - and disarms the message
 - and The "Disarmed Modify Subject” is set to “start”, “end" or “yes" (anything but “no")

Then the Subject of that message will be modified by adding the content of configuration setting for Disarmed Subject Text.

And (finally) the default setting for Disarmed Subject Text = {Disarmed}

Nothing to with spam.

Best regards,

Steve
--
Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com
www.fsl.com
The most accurate and cost effective anti-spam solutions available

and any of the Dangeroud Content checks aare found ins

Best regards,

Steve
--
Steve Swaney