OT: Statistics of an MTA (backend)

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:58:25 IST 2011

Hi, everybody. i am sorry for the OT, but i was wondering if someone can
share some backend (MTA) statistics. I need to build a test server to store
emails and give imap/pop3 (this is already working), but i need some
"real-world" info about email flow to big email servers.

I have this kind of questions for deployments of servers with more than 1000
users:

- How many emails are recieved per day or per hour (bussiest hours)?
- Average Quota?

¿Any other relevant data?

This is just to get an idea any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks!