Performance issues with MS and SA

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com
Fri Apr 1 02:42:18 IST 2011

Good point!  We are experiencing high CPU load during the day causing sendmail to defer and eventually reject messages.  The delay before an email increases up to 2 minutes.  Also, internal mail servers are not able to send email since the MX server defers and/or rejects email.  Our CPU load has been increasing over time.

I have received a few good tips e.g. create our own DCC server, commands for Bayes.

We have plans to dedicate a MX server to outbound mail which should help.

Donald Dawson
Security Administrator
Baker Botts L.L.P.
One Shell Plaza