OT - sendmail undying processes

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Sep 29 14:00:14 IST 2010

On 9/28/2010 3:59 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 9-28-2010 11:27 AM Steve Campbell spake the following:
>>   I'm using sendmail. Whenever a process gets blocked by either my access file
>> rules or a dnsbl, the email gets stopped right away, but the process seems to
>> be hanging on for about an hour (indicating "cmd read")
>>
>> Does anyone know what a good option for this might be in my sendmail
>> configuration? I've adjusted most of my parms a long time ago, but apparently
>> this one particular option escapes me and isn't redefined.
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>>
>> Steve Campbell
>>
> Have you tried all of this?
> http://weldonwhipple.com/sendmail/dossed.html
>
> (The old Technoids stuff)

Most of those were defined ages ago. It appears that the command timeout,

define(confTO_COMMAND

did the trick. I reset it from the default to 2 minutes and now see that
these processes die after two minuntes.

I still don't understand why Sendmail doesn't kill them outright after
being denied by the DNSBL rules, but just glad to fix it.

steve