Maximum Message Size, how do rules work?

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:55:49 IST 2010

Hi:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does user1 at domain.com sending internally to domain.com go via MS at all???
>
> Are there any MS email headers in the message when recieved to show that MS
> has indeed scanned it?
>
> Have you got anything in the "Scan Messages" messages if its from and to
> domain.com and from an internal address that says don't scan the email?

1. "Scan Messages = Yes" in MailScanner.conf
2. According to logs I'm sure that all those messages were scanned by
MailScanner. Take a look at:

http://pastebin.com/upLxLKf5

This was a message of 1.9 MB (approx) that wasn't rejected by size.

I forgot to mention this: MS is running integrated with Zimbra. But I
believe this has nothing to do because it's just a typical
postfix+header_checks configuration.

Thanks