[OT] How to understand what cause Load Machine increase

Marcello Anderlini m.anderlini at database.it
Mon Sep 20 09:45:36 IST 2010

Hello guys,
I've a weird problem with my system. Some time, and I still not know why,my
load machine average increase rapidly
I normal use the load machine average is between 10 and 15. but sometime the
load increase and reach 35 or 36. when this appen all the system became slow
and also server pop3 (dovecot) had timeout.

I'm using an old version of mailscanner (mailscanner-4.58.9-1.) on a CentOS
release 4.8

Could you please suggest me where to start to look for found the cause of
the problem ?

Thanks for all and sorry for my worst English.

Bye

Dr. Marcello Anderlini
m.anderlini at database.it
Database Informatica S.r.l.