clamd and tnef error?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:20:57 IST 2010

On 15 September 2010 18:05, Randal, Phil <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote:
> That  doesn't work either, still get the lstat errors.
>
> If I get the time, I'll look a bit deeper into this.
>
> Phil

Might be something higher up, or some dir lacking the execute bit...
or some other ACL thingy coming in the way (selinux or whatnot).
Testing is fairly simple:
su - clamav -s /bin/bash
cd /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/<PID number of one of the MS children>
mkdir aaa
rmdir aaa
exit

... provided "clamav" is the user clamd runs as... Any error from the
abonve mkdir would indicate some problem with the setting, or a
permission problem "higher up" in the directory tree... Any problem to
even "cd" into the directory probably indicate a problem "higher up",
and should be easily pinpointable.

Oh, and when you had done the change, you did remember to reload (or
restart) MS, right?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn