Black list on header value?

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Mon Sep 13 10:14:04 IST 2010

Hi All,

I've done a bit of digging through the archives and didn't find anything, so I'll ask anyway - but first some background.  I have an upstream provider who uses SpamAssassin and I can't enable/disable it on a per-user or domain basis - it's all or nothing.  Given this limitation, is there any way I can use a black list rule to prevent MailScanner rescanning messages already flagged as spam by the upstream??  Specifically, I want to blacklist on the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header.  Failing that, can I use a regex to match against the message subject in the spam black list rules??  Here's an example of the double-scanning:
Subject: {Spam?} ** SPAM? [8.1/5.0] ** Re: update your contact details

Left-to-right, the {...} is MailScanner, and the "** SPAM? [...] **" is the upstream.

Any ideas???

Cheers,

James